Friday, May 16, 2008

I want it.

Is it wrong that I want to be a model? That I would drop everything to fly around the world just to take pictures? I think so. But it feels so good to get paid just because you are who you are. Getting paid to play dress up. Isn't that just wrong? I just want to be one of the pretty people.

Before I can even imagine of trying to do this I have to lose about 20 pounds and then gain 5 pound in muscle. I'm not too sure about those number because I have no idea what 20 pounds of fat or 5 pounds of muscle look like. What I do know is that other models who are my height weight around 150-155 and they have model sized muscles and look proportional. I have pretty good musculature, I think, but just flab everywhere. The main area I would need to add muscle to is the all important chest. Although I know that I would also need to add to my back and arms etc too but not to the extent that my chest needs.

Then I have to get my teeth fixed and whitened which I'm in the process of doing. And finally I would need to get my skin to be perfectly clear and smooth. I think mostly I have to learn how to sleep at reasonable hours, because having too little sleep is a for sure way to break out.

This endeavour is completely shallow and egotistical but I can't help it. Sometimes this urge is so strong that I feel overwhelmed. And I want it, I want it now. I want all the attention and the hype. I want to hang around the pretty people and feel like I'm on the inside. I want to be welcomed. I want to know what it's like to be able to cast a spell on people with my looks.(even though I know I would hate it, I would never want to have that kind of control over other people where they fall over themselves to satisfy you) I want to walk around and have people whisper to their friend that I'm here "Oh look, who's walking down the street, isn't that that model from that LV campaign?".

This is completely sick. I am just really really twisted aren't I? BUT I STILL WANT IT. I want it so much sometimes and it makes me sad to know I won't have it. That I will disappear. Forgotten having achieved no international fame. I want to be the one that is the exception to the rule and because of that I'm special and there will be no one else like me and other models to follow will be touted as the new Me as a compliment. I want what Kate Moss has (but with out the crack and tragicness). OMG I JUST WANT IT SOOOOOO.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
...............much.



PS: Clearly I'm in one of my moods and this is just venting, but not all together exaggerated. Maybe I just need some attention.

4 comments:

..... said...

we do share the same dream of modellin !! but im my case i want kate moss career and all the bad shit around (doherty, drugs or rehab)

sleepyboy said...

mr style: heheh. Actually I saw a model today, he was working in a store. He's not famous yet. He only go to Milan Fashion week one time. He look very very skinny in person.

Anonymous said...

Okay, again...I've been there! When I was younger (high school) this was something I wanted too. Since then I've realized several things.

1. It's just about the 'validation' you were talking about in another post. Being a model is not a great accomplishment, as you just said yourself. It's not really an accomplishment at all...it's more like dumb luck. It's shallow and frivolous and you seem to be thoughtful enough to know that you can contribute something more worthwhile to society...and you'll feel guilty if you don't!

2. Being famous would be a horrible experience if you're sensitive in any way shape or form. People would be criticizing you constantly, making up humiliating rumors about you, and staring at you and hounding you wherever you went. Is that fun? Or a nightmare?

3. I have a friend who is a model and through her I've known other models pretty well -- real models who do runway for Chanel and Prada in NYC and Paris -- and they're the most miserable bitches of all time. Just totally unpleasant in every way.

If you feel the need to make a contribution or a mark on society, then great! Do it! Being famous is not a prerequisite for that however. Just do something that you know is actually worthwhile.

If you still want to live the "glamorous" life you don't have to be a model to even be around models. Be the designer. They're the star of the show. They're the model's boss! At least it's creative. And the models and wannabe models will find you plenty attractive when you can help their careers...whores that they are. ;)

I could go on and on on this subject! But I'll be kind and stop here.

sleepyboy said...

zach: But you get to be pretty and wear pretty clothes!