Monday, May 12, 2008

Brace FACE!

This has been two years in the making. I am now going to get braces or invisalign and veneers! If you don't know, invisalign is basically a form fitting clear plastic mouth guard that you wear to correct the alignment of votre chompers. You change them ever two weeks to a new one so that it is always under tension and never stops. Ideally I would like to get this but I have a feeling that I'm going to have to get braces to do everything I want to do. The problem with my teeth is that my front teeth touch edge to edge as opposed to the top teeth going over the bottom teeth. This doesn't cause me any discomfort except when expected to smile..... I should have gotten braces 2 years ago. I asked my Mother to make an appointment but she didn't want to do it and told me to do it myself, and at that point I wasn't ready to do these important things on my own. Right now even thinking about it fills me with rage having waited so long and knowing that I could have been done by now.

My Mother means well but she almost makes it seems sometimes that money is more important that me and my health. Recently I got a call from the optometrist to get a check up because it has been two years since my last one. My Mothers response was, "How much is it? Do you really need to if it's going to cost money?" HOLLY FUCKING CHRIST!!!!! We are talking about MY FUCKING VISION HERE!!! WHO THE FUCK CARES HOW MUCH DO YOU WANT ME TO GO FUCKING BLIND? If you don't know my Mom fills me with rage so easily with the smallest of gestures. So sufficed to say I blame my Mother for a lot of things, because really it is her fault. I don't get what the fucking big deal is, when my Dad died we were given $500,000 so I think a simple eye exam is less than that. So why is she being such a big bitch? I don't know she just is and lets not try and understand her because hating her right now feels way to good.

OMG it's obviously because we think that they should know better is why you get so angry with your mother. You feel like they should just know, instantly because they are your Mother but they can't and they won't until you tell(scream at) them. Just because I understand her doesn't mean she's not being a demon bitch.

So now I have an appointment in 36 days with an orthodontist and then I have an appointment with an optometrist tomorrow to get a check up and fitted for contacts. It's 7:14pm and I'm still at school, I just went to a Environmental Student Union meeting and told everyone there why I wasn't at school for spring. Basically I went crazy. I couldn't really judge their reactions, but I didn't really care, so that's a good thing. I used to care so much but now I'm just able to say it. Hmmm I should go to the gym with what little will power I have left in this day. I'm going to do arms, chest, and abs and then 30 mins on the bike. Then drink a protein drink.

Today I ate oatmeal, apple, carrot, celery, two oranges, banana, five ounces of steak, curry soup, can of tuna, broccoli and water.

edit: so I now have some trial contacts and I'm pretty happy with them, but it's quite strange being able to see with out glasses. disturbing almost.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats on getting braces! I desperately need braces as well and im turning 23 soon, so im pretty jealous at you right now.

sleepyboy said...

queer asian: Hah! It's nothing really, any jerk with 5 thousand dollars can get them. You should be one of those jerks though, don't wait just get on the phone as soon as you can and start calling. It seriously makes you feel good to take care of yourself like this. Investing money in yourself. It's completely different from buy clothes and such.

Anonymous said...

Oh, so that was the "incident"? I went pretty nuts one semester too. I had too much going on at one time for a while and then I had a meltdown. The thing is, it's so common in college that the school is waiting for it. I quit going to class and ended up on pills...then after a while I went off the pills and everything was fine. Whatever happened with your incident, you can just learn from it and keep moving on. You'll laugh about it someday!

sleepyboy said...

zach: Wow that's exactly what happened to me. So you have OCD too? What did they put you on?

Anonymous said...

I was on Zoloft for about a minute. It didn't work and it made my weiner soft. Then they put me on Effexor which made my weiner soft and obliterated my memory. My weiner is no longer soft but my memory is gonzo...it's difficult to obssess much when you can't remember anything, I guess.

sleepyboy said...

zach: They put me on celexa. It made it so that it took a really long time to orgasm. It made me really tired so tired that I couldn't' care about anything. Therefore no obsessions but that's no kind of life being sleepy all the time.