Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Model Friend

So my friend is studying design in University and she has been presented with an assignment where she must create a ten page editorial for a magazine and she must be able to tell a narrative with the pictures. She must pick an interesting model. Naturally she asks me and I , in a cloud of vanity, accept.


I guess a little back story is needed here. I've known this girl for 7 years. We became really good friends in grade 8. One day in grade 10 we are having art class together and I start to realise that all she is doing is repeating all my old jokes to me or that that whole time I'm the one talking and making all the jokes. And when she tries to add onto my joke (and fails) I just mentally ignore what she's just said and think about my own joke and keep laughing. She has no opinion on anything or anything interesting to say at all in general. I don't know how she has any friends. Maybe it's just because she's a push over and you can make her go along with anything you say and she will agree and say you are super great.

It was quite disappointing working with her. I don't know what I expected, I already knew she sucked at art and design but I thought that maybe she'd have learned something from school by now. I was wrong. She had no vision of what she wanted to do. I basically did the whole project for her. If I could have taken the pictures and modeled at the same time, I would have because working with her was frustrating beyond belief. I wanted to let her take control but she really just couldn't, so I just trampled her and dragged her around down town telling her to take pictures of me in places I've chosen. After every few poses I say, "Show me." and she obediently comes to me and shows me the shot. I have to do this because she has no idea on how to direct a model. Where my eyes should be looking , what my hands are doing, what kind of expression I should have on my face. I also give her the whole concept of the editorial and choose the clothing.

Surprisingly we (I actually mean me) are able to get some good shots. I'm pretty eager to see the final project and see what kind of grade she gets. Even if he layout is crap my pictures and their composition are good. So it's all up to her.

In total we had to have 3 separate shoots to get all the shots she needed. I'm pretty tired of her boring ass company. And she owes me money.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://runescape.salmoneus.net/forums/index.php?autocom=blog&blogid=617&showentry=25072#comments