Friday, September 19, 2008

Look Book

So an acquaintance has told me there is a website called Lookbook where you can post pictures of your outfits and then have people vote for them. So like hot-or-not but with clothes. I instantly wanted to join. It sounded like fun, I mean who doesn't get humiliated enough, everyone needs to get that extra from random people around the world right?

So I checked this website out and indeed the people do dress well. But what perturbed me was that a lot of them were very young. More than a lot, more like most of them around 15-17 years old and mostly from Copenhagen, Denmark, Paris, London and surrounding countries. All very Netherlandy. Wow kids over there know how to dress. They are so dope, and also some seem to have quite a bit of money to spend on expensive brands like prada and dolce. But that is only a few of them.

The most surprising person I found on there was Jennifer M. a (supposed 10 year old girl who is from Venezuela but now lives in Florida. And let me tell you she has more style than most people and she is FUCKING 10 FUCKING years old! Take a look for yourself. She has some mad skills. But I suspect that her parents are arty or have something to do with clothes so then she's picked it up from them some.

Oh I also found Sasha Hilton's profile there too. He's a 17 year old kid from Paris who has a blog ,that I've neglected to put up in my blog roll, that has all of this photography of beutiful things and some of those being himself in his great outfits. If you haven't been to his blog yet you should. A link to it should be up after I post this.

So then I see all these wonderful things and arty people and want to join. BRICK WALL! I should have known. Just like The Fashion Spot, this is an invite only website. How typical of the fashion world to be so exclusionary and elitist. But unlike TFS you have a chance to gain entrance by applying to them. Presumably to tell them why you think you are a good dresser, how you are involved with fashion/art, and to show them examples of arty/fashiony things you've done.

I think maybe I'll try to apply to them but it's really icky thinking about doing that. It's like I have to grovel to be apart of their club. Fuck that noise. But still I understand why they did that. They didn't just want any jackass joining and posting up their crappy outfits and cluttering up the site. Also they moderate all the photos so then if it was wide open it would be hard to sift through all of them.

sidenote: the creators are from San Fransisco, so why are all the members from European countries?

No comments: