Monday, June 23, 2008

Caprica

So this past Monday I worked on a TV show called Caprica. It's a pilot episode for a Battle Star Glactica spin off. It's a prequel where they show you how the first Cylon came about. I had to pretend to be one of the private school kids in the background attending Athena Academy. I meant to take a picture of my costume but I never got the chance to steal away to the wash room to take a picture. Surprisingly when I wore the uniform, I looked like a private school kid, I mean I really looked like I belonged in private school. I was wearing a pea coat, black sweater, white dress shirt, charcoal pants, black dress shoes and a maroon tie. All of this in the hot sun no less. I hope the costume department launders their clothes because I was sweaty.

So there was this guy there (lets call him Gayface) and he is from the same extra agency as I am so I see him on a bunch of my extra jobs. And Gayface is really gay. I have no problem with fem guys or anything, often I sometimes act very feminine, what I do find annoying is that it seems like that is his whole personality is being gay. And he gets so much attention for it and I hear over and over again "Omg he is so funny". He is not. He just says the most obvious gay things. It amounts to 'Blah blah blah and that's coming from a guy who likes guys" or " Blah Blah something a girl would say blah blah it's cause I'm gay ahahah". So dumb. I'm not sure why I find it annoying, I think maybe it's because I find it childish. Childish in the way that he hasn't matured past the point where everything is about him being gay. Or maybe it's just because I want some attention too, and that I know that I could say the same things to get that attention but I don't want to get it that way. Yes I'm bitter. Just like the 85% chocolate I had today which was very tasty.

Oh and then later he said he was dating a model and that instantly got my attention. Big surprise. And I ask him what his boyfriend's name was and what agency he is with. Gayface says that the best thing about the guy he's dating is his really hot body. Now I don't want to judge anyone, but I always do in the end(I mean how can you not?), but Gayface isn't that good looking I would say average at best and he has some early male pattern baldness going on. (And side note on hair loss, if you are starting to lose your hair just start using rogain or propecia, there is no shame it in. You have no control over your hair, just do it and save what you have left. It's better than just letting it all fall out.) So I'm thinking that his boyfriend couldn't be a muscley model like Evandro or Chad White. So he must be one of those skinny models. So naturally when I get home I go on to his agency website. His agency does what a bunch of there agencies do which is requires you to register with them before they allow you to look at the models. The agency is also based in LA so I google LA hair salon and take all the information I need from there and register them instead of trying to just make up all the information. The only thing I change is the email address, which I obviously change to mine so that I get the conformation email. At the same time I facebook stalk the guy. Basically I'm right. He's a skinny model, and not a very interesting one at that.

And what does all of this accomplish in the end you ask? In some sick way I feel better about myself. I'm not sure why though.

3 comments:

WillySmith said...

Thanks for the heads up on Caprica, though I personally thought that the New Caprica subplot was the dullest part of BSG. On another topic, I suggest that we start referring to "gay face" as a condition, as in "Hey, did you hear about Russell? He got gay face and had to take the week off". Some people seem to just scream gay, before they've even screamed anything about Madonna, purses or STDs. I think Zac Efron has gay face.

sleepyboy said...

willysmith: Yes gay face affects millions. We need to start a not for profit organization. You can be President because I'm too lazy.

WillySmith said...

I can't be president because I avoid all commitments that don't involve eating, watching DVDs or sex of some kind. Also I don't suffer from gay face, so I would seem patronizing as their president. Actually, I'm patronizing anyway, so it wouldn't make much difference.