Friday, January 10, 2014

Triumphant Return

I have returned. I think I'm going to need this blog this term. I'm going to have to be more focused than I have been in a while. I'm really scared and I want to feel like there are people rooting for me. I don't know why it's better that it's random people from the internet but somehow it make me feel better. I guess we have a bias in taking strangers opinions as more objective because they don't know you and have no interest in lying to you to make you feel better. I guess in reality people who know you the best actually have the more objective opinion because they actually do know you and therefore judge you the best. On the other hand people who think they know you only know what you WERE like and what you HAD done in the past and generally stick to that idea of you, while people who don't know you have a clean slate and might see you for what you CAN be.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I came across your blog by googling a certain phrase, and I have to say... I feel you. I really do. I get everything you're saying. Wanting things you know you don't even want. Life. What a joke. And worse, there's no punchline. It's just a never ending cycle of the same things. And people don't understand. They just, pretend or judge. They don't see how fucked up everything really is. They don't know what it's like to feel this way. I do.